Healthy Banana Muffins with Update

 We've been having lots of dairy recently, so when I wanted to use up a couple of spotted bananas I had, I decided to make no-butter banana muffins. I had an unopened jar of applesauce in the pantry, so I decided to also forego the sugar. 

I looked around quickly online and found this recipe.  I decided to omit the sugar and use a cup of applesauce instead of half a cup. The only other change I made was to add a teaspoon of vanilla. 

The muffins baked up in about 13 minutes and in spite of the rave reviews they receive online I found them to be just OK.  It's not that they're bad, but rather that they just don't have much taste!  I ate mine with fruit, and R spread his with strawberry jelly.  

There's just no substitute for butter or sugar. Sigh!

** Update

I made the recipe again today (9/25/24) using this time 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of brown sugar and in each muffin I put 1/8 teaspoon flax meal and a couple of walnuts.  They baked up in about 16 minutes. Obviously with these additions they were much better. Very dense, and good with a cup of tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023