Cinnamon Raisin Bread

A few days ago R mentioned that he'd like some Cinnamon Raisin Bread with breakfast.  I happened to have some leftover raisins in the pantry, and some time on my hands today.

I found this recipe on the King Arthur Baking website. It was the easiest dough recipe I've made yet!  I didn't even have to knead it by hand because the dough is soft enough that the machine can take care of kneading it for 5 minutes.

Based on reviews on the website, I decided to leave out the oats, double the cinnamon from 1 to 2 teaspoons, and use 1.5 the amount of raisins the recipe called for. The amount of water should be 1/4 cup on a humid day and 1/3 cup in a dry day. Well, we're in the middle of a heat wave but I got mixed up and used 1/3. The dough still behaved great.

Something's off with our oven, so it took 48-50 minutes instead of 40-45. 

I forgot to brush it with milk before baking, so I brushed the warm loaf with a bit of butter when it came out of the oven.

The bread didn't stay fresh for too long. Although well-wrapped, it was already a bit stale the next day when I tried it for the first time. It's good, but if making again I would add even more cinnamon, maybe another teaspoon for a total of 3, and I would double the amount of raisins.

All that said everyone enjoyed it and it's best toasted with butter or with a bit of jam.


Cinnamon Raisin Bread


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023