Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I tried a new recipe: Almond Flour Chocolate Chip cookies. I thought they might be just the thing for a condolence visit I'm paying to a friend tomorrow.  Why these?  Because it's something new to try, and I have a lot of almond flour I need to use up. And for a bereavement, chocolate is the thing.

In truth I wanted to make a lemon poppyseed bread, or a French apple cake.  But I didn't have the ingredients, and I was worried it might be overkill.  So, I went with these.

Here is the recipe.

I followed it to the letter, down to even using a cookie scoop, but I got 35 cookies instead of 22.  I baked them for 10 minutes.

They are all right, but not better than regular chocolate chip cookies. They're kind of dry and have a grainier consistency. 

Would I make them again?  Perhaps, though I don't think so. So many good cookies one can try!  

However if I did, I would add some almond extract.  You really can't taste the almond!

My family liked them, and I hope my friend does too.


Almond flour chocolate chip cookies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023