Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies


 I wanted something easy and festive to gift Bubby's teachers and was sure this recipe would be a hit.  How could orange zest and chocolate not elevate gingerbread?  And yet, the results failed to impress.  The only change I made to the recipe is that it was missing about 1 teaspoon of molasses, because I ran out, but that wouldn't account for the bland, unexciting taste.  For once a recipe could use a bit more sugar, as well.  I do wonder if the problem might not be that where it said to chop the chocolate finely, I basically shaved it.  

The recipients said they loved them, and they did improve after a couple of days and tasted a bit more chocolatey.  If I were making them again I'd leave the chocolate in bigger morsels, add a bit more sugar, increase the salt and possibly add another spice.  But with so many recipes out there, I don't know if I'll bother.  I'd rather keep looking for a chocolate gingerbread I really like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023