Small Batch Banana Muffins

 Bubby was bored with bagels, fruit or cereal for breakfast - but refusing to try eggs or any other kind of savory food. When I spied one over ripe banana in the fruit basket, I thought a few banana muffins would be in order.

I decided to try this simple recipe I found online. I didn't have chocolate chips - they all went in last week's banana bread - so I added a scant half cup of walnuts instead.

The recipe calls for 5 minutes at 425 then 12-15 minutes at 350. I may have left them in the oven longer than 5 minutes at 425 because I was using the timer on my phone and the battery gave out without my noticing it. Still, after 15 minutes a toothpick was not yet coming out clean. So I ended up baking them a few minutes longer than the recipe mentioned.

Well these muffins were a bit disappointing! They lacked flavor and were very dry. I think the recipe needs more sugar, and something to thin out the batter. When spooning them into the muffin tin I did notice the batter was very thick.

They were all right in a pinch spread with jam and a cup of tea, but I won't be making this recipe again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023