Emergency Spritz Cookies

On a busy and tired Monday, there just wasn't time to make anything fancy for a book club party in the evening. Luckily I thought of Spritz Cookies and it was the perfect idea!  No chilling the dough, they bake up in 7 minutes, and they look so pretty and are so tasty.  I use this recipe from Sallys Bake Blog and this press. The first few times I made them after I got my press it was tough to get the hang of it, and even now with some of the disks the dough will cling to the press.  But I've learned to use room temperature dough and unlined baking sheets and although in the past I've needed to chill the baking sheets, this time the opposite happened, and the cookies stayed better on a room temperature sheet.  I have no idea why.

These cookies were part of a dessert array that included cannelés, skull-shaped caramels, and apple tartlets with whipped cream, all made by the host.  Even in the face of such stiff competition, they were a success!


Sunflower-shaped Spritz cookies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023