Irish Soda Bread 2023

With St. Patty's Day coming up, it was time to make some Irish soda bread to have with our morning coffee. On this blustery and snowy day, school was canceled and most of our town is without power. But our lights are on, so I decided to try this recipe from Sally's Baking blog. I made it before a few years ago and it came out beautiful, but it was a bit less successful this time. It seemed that no matter how much I floured the counter and my hands, the dough was too wet and sticky to be able to knead.  I think what happened is that instead of measuring into cups I weighed my ingredients and the weights in the recipe were off. I just wouldn't have thought to check their math prior to getting started, and only realized this when trouble shooting afterwards. Eventually I got annoyed and just dumped the dough on the baking sheet and roughly formed it into a round shape.  After 12 minutes in the oven I scored it with a knife.  Poor bread, I also forgot to tent it halfway through, so it got a little too brown. Oh well... will have to pay better attention next time, and it's still a handsome, home made loaf.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023