Blueberry Muffin Bread

We had two trays of blueberries that were too soft to eat, and leftover sour cream to boot. Seemed like the perfect time to try this Blueberry Muffin Bread recipe. A pretty straightforward recipe but of course I had to go in with my tweaks. I didn't have a 9"loaf pan, only an 8".  So I decided to use my smaller Simax glass Bundt pan. Technically the amount of batter should have fit just right, but as soon as I transferred the batter into the pan, I could tell the pan was too big. With this, I knew I'd have to watch the baking time, which was 55 minutes in the recipe.  To my surprise, the cake was done at 35 minutes and looked overbaked.  So the whole reason for using the Bundt pan, which is to make a decorative top, didn't work out.  However, I was pleasantly surprised when the cake still turned out moist and didn't feel overbaked. It does just taste like a blueberry muffin, as well, so it can only imagine how nice this cake must be when baked in the pan it calls for. I will try!


                                                     Blueberry Muffin Bread.  

A little update: a couple of weeks after I first wrote this, I made the bread again. Not having sour cream or milk at hand, I substituted 0% Fat Greek yogurt for the sour cream, and a coconut milk/almond milk creamer for the milk. I baked the bread in a smaller 8 x 4.5 loaf pan. I only had to add 7 minutes to the baking time in the recipe and by covering the loaf with foil halfway through the top browned perfectly but not overly so. The crumb of the cake is a little denser, but I don't think most people could really tell. The cake came out great even with the reduced fat from these substitutions, and I definitely like it better in a loaf shape.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023