No-Butter Blueberry Muffins

 This morning's blueberries weren't very good on their own, and after everyone left for work and school I had a craving for muffins. Stuck at home all day with workmen replacing several windows in the house, it was a perfect day to bake up a batch! I wanted to try a recipe using oil instead of butter that would hopefully yield a moist and delicious crumb.

This is the recipe I used. I used avocado oil and instead of regular milk, I used 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons of almond milk. As the recipe suggested, I eyeballed the batter to get a nice scoopable consistency that wasn't too stiff but also not runny. The batter was a bit gluey and unusual looking, but it baked up very well and I was pleased with the result. Delicious muffins, without the butter!


Dairy-free blueberry muffins.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creepy Crawly Spiderweb Cake

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Fall 2023